Thursday, June 7, 2012

Life's Lemons

I know it has been awhile since I have done any posts. My sweet husband, the love of my life, was injured in a very serious accident in the beginning of March. If you want the full story you can see it here... http://scott-recovery.blogspot.com/
It is truly a huge miracle that he is alive. 
He is getting better but will be in rehab for a year.  

I am so blessed to have him in my life still! 
Please, please, please watch out for individuals on bicycles!! 
Share the Road :)



They say when life hands you lemons, make lemonade... well after these "life lemons" I decided that lemons are overrated so I went for some different fruit. After months of living in the hospital, I was missing fresh fruits and veggies. Once we got home one of my friends hooked me up with a terrific deal on strawberries and blackberries. 

A full flat of strawberries for $6
And a full flat of blackberries for $5
I knew it was time to make some freezer jam!!

I also added a few extra things to give my jam some variety...
 like cherries.
And yes even a little bit of lemon. 












I made a lot of different kinds of jams.

Starting from the left:
- Blackberry
- Black Strawberry (Blackberry & Strawberry mix) 
- Strawberry 
- Strawberry Lemonade (Strawberries with lemon juice and bits of lemon rind)
- Vanilla Spice Strawberry (Strawberries with vanilla extract & cinnamon)
- Cherryberry (Strawberry Cherry mix with a little vanilla extract) 

They taste so yummy on toast and PB&J sandwiches... I have also started mixing in a tablespoon of jam with my vanilla yogurt in the mornings for breakfast!! Yummy

It felt good to take a break from doctors and hospitals. (I like kitchen/blog therapy!!) 
It's easy to forget how blessed we are to have the time, the resources, and the ability, to do the things we enjoy. After all sometimes it's just that hint of lemon that reminds us of how
 fantastic the sweet things really are! 

- Craft Hard


2 comments:

Scott and Jillian June 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM  

Ooh, those different varieties of jam sound heavenly! What a great idea! SO glad you guys are back home now!

Kacey Kalmar December 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM  

I just stumbled onto your blog and I must say "you are a girl after my own heart!" I too enjoy sewing and my husband is an avid cyclist. So scary! Glad things appear to be improving for him and you. You are very talented and I have loved my "accidental" visit to your blog.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP